Building a border at 4,600 metersby Vox 4 months ago
How China and Nepal are taming the Himalaya mountains.
Follow Johnny to stay up to date on Vox Borders:
Subscribe to our channel! http://goo.gl/0bsAjO
Read more about the concept of non-state spaces: https://goo.gl/UsgDDy
Vox Borders Episodes:
1. Haiti and the Dominican Republic ( https://youtu.be/4WvKeYuwifc)
2. The Arctic & Russia (https://youtu.be/Wx_2SVm9Jgo)
3. Japan & North Korea (https://youtu.be/qBfyIQbxXPs)
4. Mexico & Guatemala (https://youtu.be/1xbt0ACMbiA)
5. Nepal & The Himalaya (https://youtu.be/ECch2g1_6PQ)
6. Spain & Morocco (https://youtu.be/LY_Yiu2U2Ts)
For thousands of years, humans have drawn lines on the earth, dividing the planet into nations. But there are some parts of the world that no empire, nation or state has been able to tame.
In this episode of Borders, Johnny heads deep into the Himalaya mountains to learn about how people have lived away from the concept of borders. China and Nepal are acting fast to develop this remote region and it's having major effects on the local population.
Vox.com is a news website that helps you cut through the noise and understand what's really driving the events in the headlines. Check out http://www.vox.com to get up to speed on everything from Kurdistan to the Kim Kardashian app.
Check out our full video catalog: http://goo.gl/IZONyE
Follow Vox on Twitter: http://goo.gl/XFrZ5H
Or on Facebook: http://goo.gl/U2g06o